Looking for a kitchen makeover or remodel to sell your home faster and for a higher price? Here are some tips for kitchen cabinet refinishing in Boulder Co.
Houses are selling faster then realtors can list them here in Boulder. This may mean it makes sense to do a light kitchen reno instead of a complete kitchen renovation.
Why look at refacing, refinishing or repainting your cabinets?
We reached out to Riley Cook of Sunset Cabinet Refinishing to find out. Riley tells us, “Why buy new cabinets and spend all that money when you can make your old cabinets look like new ones for a fraction of the price? You can try this yourself if you like DIY projects. Or you can hire a professional cabinet painting company. They can make any old, outdated set of kitchen cabinets look like a million dollars—without spending a million dollars.
Cabinet refinishers & contractors — what they do
What is the Sunset Cabinet Refinishing process? Well here are the here are the steps.
Riley continues, “We like to call it “cabinet refreshing”.”
- Step 1:Think about paint colors. You can do this yourself, talk to an interior decorator or your cabinet refinishing contractor can help you find the best color for your new kitchen or bathroom cabinets.
- Step 2: Carefully remove the doors off of the cabinets. Remove and clean all hinges, knobs and hardware. (You can also go on Amazon to shop for new handles for your kitchen cabinet doors.
- Step 3: The doors should be cleaned, sanded, primed and then get the finish coats.
- Step 4: Tape up the kitchen, clean and sand the cabinetry faces along with the side panels. Then prime, caulk, patch up, and finish coats.
- Step 5: Then rehang your beautifully painted cabinet doors. Attach your new existing or new cabinet knobs and handles.
Riley concludes, “This will save the homeowner all of the expense, hassle and mess of having a full blown kitchen remodeling project. Of course, if your hire a cabinet painting company discuss your budget and schedule for them to meet. Finally, consider painting an accent wall in your kitchen or look at upgrading your cabinet tops. There are many cost effect DIY ways to do this for a new kitchen look. This will help put more money in your pocket at closing.”
110 cook xing